Turbo Generators

Bowman Turbo Generators have been successfully fitted to prime movers in both the power generation and heavy vehicle sectors, creating savings of between 6% and 9% BSFC depending upon the engine size, load and fuel type. Alternatively, the overall power of the system can be boosted by as much as 15%.

Bowman turbo generator systems consist of an additional exhaust turbine that is placed downstream of the turbocharger (which is re-matched to accommodate the altered configuration). A high speed permanent magnet generator is assembled directly onto the shaft of the new turbine, generating electrical power when there is a flow of exhaust gas input.

In a power generation setting, the energy recovered by the turbo generator is processed by our unique power electronics to create a grid standard AC current.